Oliver Technow - President
- Industry Master Degree from Frankfurt Chamber of Commerce, Frankfurt Germany.
- More than 20 years of global pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Held numerous leadership positions in commercial development, marketing and brand management, and lifecycle management and has extensive product launch and market access expertise in Europe and North America.
- In 1997, joined Eisai GmbH in Frankfurt, Germany and in 2002, was appointed Director, CNS Business Unit; in 2006, was appointed VP, Head of Global Marketing for Eisai Inc. in Woodcliff Lake, NJ; in 2011, was appointed VP, Established Products Business Unit; in 2013, was appointed President & General Manager for Eisai Limited in Mississauga, ON.
- Appointed President of BioVectra Inc., December 10, 2015.
- Current Board Director for BIOTECanada, the PEI BioAlliance, and DCAT (Drug, Chemical and Associated Technologies Association)
- Member of the Steering Council of Innovative Medicines Canada (IMC)
- In 2017, appointed to the Government of Canada’s Health/Bio-sciences Strategic Economic Table
Heather Delage - Vice President, Business Development
- B.B.A., University of Prince Edward Island (1990).
- Continued Education: McGill Mini-MBA program, York School of Business concentrated courses (Key Account Management, Project Management).
- 1990-2000: Diagnostic Chemicals Limited – Various roles in sales and marketing management, International distribution and project operations for development and commercialization of clinical diagnostic products for hospital and laboratory markets.
- 2000-2014: BioVectra – Increasing leadership roles in commercial functions, building a business development team and client base as a specialized global CDMO.
- Appointed to Vice President, Business Development for BioVectra in 2014.
Mark Wellman - Vice President, Manufacturing
- M.Sc. Degree from Memorial University of Newfoundland in 1996.
- Over 20 years experience with BioVectra over which time he has contributed as a team member towards the development of fine chemicals, advanced intermediates, and active pharmaceutical ingredients.
- Held the positions of Research Scientist (1996), Product Manager (2001), Custom Synthesis Project Manager (2003) and Manufacturing Manager, Special Projects (2005). He has participated or successfully led several API manufacturing projects to completion.
- Promoted to Director of Biotech Operations in 2009.
- Appointed to Vice President, Manufacturing in 2014.
Scott Doncaster - Vice President, Manufacturing Technologies & Engineering
- B.Sc. in Biochemistry from Mount Allison University in 1990.
- Worked towards a Masters program in Biochemistry at Queens University from 1991-1994.
- Worked for the Hunter Group in Aurora, Ontario from 1994-1995 in developing and supervising high purity solvent distillation processes.
- Joined BioVectra in 1995, supervising the enzyme and natural products bioextraction processes.
- Promoted to Operations Manager in 2000 and served in that position until 2003.
- Served as capital project manager for the BioVectra API facility in 2001-2002.
- Took the position as Director of Operations for Atlantis BioActives in 2003 to oversee the capital installation, start-up and commercial extraction process for natural taxanes.
- Promoted to Director of Manufacturing for BioVectra in 2005.
- Appointed to Vice President, Manufacturing Technologies & Engineering in 2014.
Dr. Marc Sauer - Vice President, Research & Development
- B.Sc. in Organic Chemistry and M.Sc. in Physical Chemistry from the University of Oldenburg, Germany.
- Worked as a Scientist at Beiersdorf AG, Hamburg, Germany in developing and analyzing Pegylated medical devices.
- Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry from the University of Basel, Switzerland.
- Postdoctoral Research (NATO and Swiss National Science Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship) at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver.
- Lecturer at the University of British Columbia.
- Joined BioVectra in 2006 as an Analytical Research Chemist.
- Took the position of Analytical Research Group Leader in 2007 and Analytical Services Group Leader in 2008 to oversee the Analytical Research and Quality Control groups.
- Assumed the Manager as Analytical Services in 2010.
- Promoted to Director of Analytical Services in 2013.
- Appointed to Vice President, Research & Development in 2014.
George Rowat - Vice President, Finance & Administration
- MBA from Université de Moncton.
- More than 25 years in progressive leadership roles within Finance.
- Responsible for Accounting, Finance, Administration and IT.
- Appointed to Vice President of Finance and Admin in June 2016.
Peter Phillips - Vice President, Quality Assurance & Regulatory Affairs
- Bachelor of Science, Chemistry from the University of Calgary.
- More than 25 years pharmaceutical experience in QC, QA, and R&D.
- More than 20 years experience in leading QC and QA teams.
- In 1997 was appointed Director of QC at Taro Pharmaceuticals, in 2005 was appointed Director QA at Taro Pharmaceuticals and in 2007 was appointed Director Quality (QA/QC) at Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals.
- Joined BioVectra in January 2016, responsible for Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs, Quality Control and Environmental Health and Safety.
Lester Wood - Executive Director, Human Resources
- BBA from UNB Fredericton (1989).
- Certified Human Resources Specialist (CHRP).
- 20 years of Human Resource experience in Professional Service, Health Care, and Oil & Gas.
- Appointed to Executive Director, Human Resources in 2016.
Valana Deighan - General Counsel
- B.Sc. Degree from University of Prince Edward Island (2001).
- LL.B. from University of New Brunswick (2004).
- Admitted to Prince Edward Island Bar (2005).
- Joined BioVectra in 2005 as Associate General Counsel.
- Appointed General Counsel in 2011.
- Responsible for legal and corporate matters.