Dr. Renaud Jacquemart - Director, Strategy & Business Development, Biologics
- Over 15 years of process and technology leadership in the biopharmaceutical industry
- 5 years of senior leadership focused on marketing, business development and strategic corporate development
- Industrial Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Engineering at the University of Grenoble
- CNRC Post-Doctoral Fellow at Polytechnique Montreal
- MBA at the University of Toronto’s Rotman School of Management
- Industry experience highlights:
- Project Director at Batavia BioSciences
- Principal Scientist & Director, Vaccines Process Sciences at Merck KGaA/MilliporeSigma
- Director, Vaccines Process Sciences at Natrix Separations
- Process development leadership positions at Sanofi Pasteur, Episkin L’Oreal and PurGenesis Technologies
- Career achievements:
- Secured partnerships/sponsorships from some of the world’s largest pharma companies and contributed to the sale of Natrix Separations to Merck KGaA/MilliporeSigma
- Led the development of an integrated technology platform aimed at the reduction of vaccine manufacturing costs by over 25-fold within the “Grand Challenge – Innovations in Vaccine Manufacturing for World Markets” (Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation)
- Upstream and Downstream clinical development, industrialization and manufacturing of multiple vaccines (bacterial, viral and VLP), novel therapies (gene, cell, oncolytic), and recombinant protein products (mAb, Fab)
- Over 50 scientific publications and invited presentations at international conferences
Dr. Amanda Sauer - Manager, Product Services & Project Management
- B.Sc. Degree in Chemistry from University of Prince Edward Island (2001).
- Ph.D. Degree in Chemistry from University of British Columbia (2006).
- Joined BioVectra in 2006 as a research chemist and in 2007 assumed the role of Project Manager.
- Promoted to Manager, Client Services & Project Management in 2015.
Dr. Suneel Singh - Business Development Manager
- MBA, Johnson Graduate School of Management (Cornell University) and Smith School of Business (Queen’s University)
- Ph.D. in Chemistry from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi, India
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Guelph, Guelph (ON) and Queen’s University, Kingston (ON)
- Over 20 research articles in international journals and >50 short reviews in Synfacts
- More than 10 years of experience in R&D serving academic, chemical, and pharmaceutical industries. Manager at Snieckus Innovations (Kingston, ON) and Associate Editor at Mitacs Inc.
- Joined Sales and Marketing team at BioVectra in March 2017.
David Young - Sales Manager
- B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Biochemistry from Queen’s University (1986).
- Worked in R&D, process development, and manufacturing at Cangene Corporation from 1986-1998.
- Promoted to Sales Manager, Contract Manufacturing at Cangene in 1998 – 2009.
- Transitioned to National Sales Manager in Canada for Cangene’s WinRho and HepaGam B products in 2009-2012.
- Established consulting business in the pharma/biotech industry focused on drug development, contract manufacturing, healthcare investment banking and business development in 2012.
- Joined BioVectra as Product Manager for the Bioprocessing Reagents Group in 2016.
Sarah Collins - Business Analyst
- Bachelor of Science from Dalhousie in 2006 Major in Neuroscience.
- Masters of Business Administration in 2009 with a concentration in International Business.
- Eight years of experience in project management, business development and commercialization support focusing largely within the bioscience, agriculture, value added agri-food, and energy sectors.
- Joined BioVectra as Project Manager in 2015.
Alex Hendry - Project Manager
- B.Sc. Degree from the University of New Brunswick in 2008, majoring in Medicinal Chemistry with a minor in Marketing.
- Previously worked as a Territory Manager/Account Representative for a beverage distribution company in Atlantic Canada, and has experience in business to business as well as retail sales.
- Joined BioVectra in 2009 as Distribution Sales Representative and promoted to Business Development Representative in 2014.
Stephanie Veenhuis - Project Manager
- Received M.Sc. Degree in Chemistry from University of Prince Edward Island in 2010.
- Worked in agriculture industry conducting field research and providing crop management services for 6 years.
- Joined BioVectra as Project Manager/Customer Service Representative in 2013 and Project Manager in 2015.
Jessica Fritz - Project Manager
- Holds a Bachelor (Hons) of Commerce in European Business Studies with a focus on international marketing from the University of Applied Sciences Osnabrueck, Germany (2003).
- Has 14 years of experience in pharmaceutical marketing and management as well as patient support services in Germany and Canada.
- Joined BioVectra in 2017 as Project Manager.
Andrea McCormick - Project Manager
- B.Sc. in chemistry from University of New Brunswick 1995.
- M.Sc. in Analytical Chemistry from the University of British Columbia 1998.
- Certificate in Project Management from University of California Berkeley 2004.
- Joined BioVectra in 2017 as a Project Manager.
- Prior to joining BioVectra was Manager, Technology Commercialization, Life and Health Sciences at Dalhousie University, Project Manager with Genentech, and an Analytical Chemist at several start-up companies including GeneSoft and AnorMed.
Paul Besner - Customer Service Representative
- 15+ years of experience working as a leader in logistics, operations and distribution management providing quality customer service.
- 10+ years working within a pharmaceutical manufacturing quality management team and system.
- Joined BioVectra in 2003 as Warehouse Supervisor.
- In 2008 was appointed to the role of Order Desk Administrative Lead.
- In June 2015 was promoted to the current position of Customer Service Representative for BioVectra’s Bioprocessing Reagent division.