Krista Affleck - Director, Analytical Development
- Master of Science degree from the University of Prince Edward Island (2002).
- Hired by BioVectra as a Quality Control Chemist (2002).
- Joined R&D group as Research Technician in 2003.
- Joined Analytical Chemistry group in 2008.
- Promoted to Group Leader on the Analytical Chemistry group in 2012.
- In 2014, became the Manager, Analytical Support, and Development in the R&D group.
- In 2018, became the Director, Analytical Development.
Dr. Atul Pathak - Director, Drug Development
- Bachelor and Master in Pharmacy from the Dr. Harisingh Gour University, Sagar, India.
- Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences from the CSIR Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, New Delhi, India.
- Postdoctoral Research at the Harvard Medical School/Program in Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Boston, developing lipid and polymer based siRNA delivery systems.
- Authored numerous peer-reviewed publications and is a co-editor of a book on Cationic Polymers based Non-viral Gene Carriers.
- Senior Scientist at the Mylan and Novartis managed Pharmaceutical research and development of complex generic and pediatric product development.
- Assumed Associate Director role at Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, contributed in formulation technology, science and technology, and commercial strategy.
- Joined BioVectra in 2017 as Director to lead Drug and product development program.
Dr. John Riley - Director, Process Development and Technical Support Chemistry
- Obtained a B.Sc. for Biology and Chemistry from the University of New Brunswick in 1998.
- Obtained a Ph.D. in Chemistry, with a specialization in Organic Chemistry, from Dalhousie University in 2003.
- Served as a post-doctoral fellow at the University of South Florida in 2003, and Queen’s University from 2003-2005.
- Joined BioVectra Inc. in 2006 as a Research Scientist.
- Promoted to Senior Scientist in 2012.
- Worked extensively on the synthesis of functionalized polyethylene glycol polymers for use in protein conjugate therapeutics.
- The author of two patents in the areas of Polyethylene glycol purification, and small molecule formulation.
- In 2018, became the Director, Process Development and Technical Support Chemistry.
Dawn MacKinley - Regulatory Affairs Specialist
- Obtained Bachelor of Science from the University of Guelph, Ontario; Masters courses from the Atlantic Veterinary College.
- Nine years of Regulatory Affairs experience working with Novartis, AstraZeneca, and Mallinckrodt.
- Worked as a Biotechnology Project Manager with the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, University of Prince Edward Island and private industry.
- Extensive experience in formulating and implementation of regulatory strategy as well as monitoring of product files in development phase through to approved products for regulatory compliance.
- Comprehensive background facilitating submission of human and veterinary drug master filings/dossiers for approvals to various agencies in collaboration with partners, government agencies, and project teams;
- Provision of guidance to internal and external clients regarding regulatory requirements for a wide cross-section of pharmaceutical applications.
- Joined BioVectra Inc. in 2015 as Regulatory Affairs Associate.
Dr. Gailene Tobin - Program Manager, Research and Development
- Ph.D. Department of Biomedical Sciences. Cancer Immunology. University of Prince Edward Island, Atlantic Veterinary College (AVC).
- B.Sc. Immunology/ Microbiology of Zoonotic diseases. Department of Pathology and Microbiology. University of Prince Edward Island, AVC.
- Graduate Diploma in Aquaculture. Marine Institute of Memorial University. St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador.
- M.Sc. (Honours) – Animal Science. Dalhousie University. Nova Scotia.
- In addition to her scientific research background, Gailene has been directly involved in the business side of Science and Innovation, holding Director level positions in government (2000-2013) in the Life Sciences, Technology, and Strategic Planning portfolios. She also completed a Finance Certificate from the Executive Education Centre, Schulich School of Business, and York University.
- Gailene’s contributions to entrepreneurship, economic development, and innovation in the past spanned a variety of provincial, federal and international committees and memberships.
- Gailene has lectured at the University of Prince Edward Island, and her publications include three authored and co-authored book chapters specific to discovery and development of cancer-based natural products.
- Gailene joined BioVectra in 2016 as a Business Analyst for Strategic Partnerships and Portfolio Management.