Dr. Richard Bethell - Director, Process Development and Technical Support Chemistry
- Obtained a B.Sc. In 1992, and Ph.D. In 1996, University of New Brunswick specializing in Synthetic Organic Chemistry.
- Served as a post-doctoral fellow at the University of Calgary from 1996-1998.
- Joined BioVectra Inc. in 1998 as a Research Scientist.
- Promoted to Pharma Group Leader in 2003.
- Promoted to R&D Manager in 2008.
- Promoted to Director in 2014.
- Worked on the development of key synthetic and downstream processes for several DMF submissions.
- Currently, supervises multiple research scientists in the synthetic and purification disciplines.
- Qualified person in charge (QPIC).
- Adjunct Professor of Chemistry at the University of Prince Edward Island.
Dr. Srini Bandi - Director, Process Development and Technical Support Biotech
- Obtained a B.Pharm, M.Pharm, and Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Biotechnology.
- Joined Nacto Pharma Ltd. in 2002 as a Scientist on their Research and Development team.
- Involved in identifying market demand therapeutic biosimilar products and the development of upstream and downstream processes for the commercial production of therapeutic biomolecules from bacterial, yeast, and mammalian cell lines.
- Served a second year as a post-doctoral researcher in South Korea, and worked with Professor Yong-Keun Chang.
- Worked at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology in Taejon where he developed a deletion mutant strain of Actinosynnema sp., screened various nutritional factors, and optimized process parameters using statistical designs (DOE).
- Awarded a NSERC-VF-Postdoctoral Scholarship.
- Worked as a post-doctoral fellow with Dr. Susan Douglas at the IMB-NRC Institute in Canada from 2004-2007.
- Involved in a variety of different research projects and has published work in multiple scientific publications.
- Joined BioVectra Inc. in 2008 as a Scientist on the Research and Development team.
- Promoted to Manager of Biotech group in 2010.
- Promoted to Director in 2015.
- Involved in the process development, tech transfers of Biotech projects, troubleshoot of production issues, manufacturing and testing of GMP cell banks.
Krista Affleck - Manager, Analytical Support and Development
- Master of Science degree from the University of Prince Edward Island (2002).
- Hired by BioVectra as a Quality Control Chemist (2002).
- Joined R&D group as Research Technician in 2003.
- Joined Analytical Chemistry group in 2008.
- Promoted to Group Leader on the Analytical Chemistry group in 2012.
- In 2014, became the Manager, Analytical Support, and Development in the R&D group.
Dr. Atul Pathak - Director, Drug Development
- Bachelor and Master in Pharmacy from the Dr. Harisingh Gour University, Sagar, India.
- Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences from the CSIR Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, New Delhi, India.
- Postdoctoral Research at the Harvard Medical School/Program in Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Boston, developing lipid and polymer based siRNA delivery systems.
- Authored numerous peer-reviewed publications and is a co-editor of a book on Cationic Polymers based Non-viral Gene Carriers.
- Senior Scientist at the Mylan and Novartis managed Pharmaceutical research and development of complex generic and pediatric product development.
- Assumed Associate Director role at Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, contributed in formulation technology, science and technology, and commercial strategy.
- Joined BioVectra in 2017 as Director to lead Drug and product development program.
Dr. John Riley - Program Manager, Drug Development
- Obtained a B.Sc. for Biology and Chemistry from the University of New Brunswick in 1998.
- Obtained a Ph.D. in Chemistry, with a specialization in Organic Chemistry, from Dalhousie University in 2003.
- Served as a post-doctoral fellow at the University of South Florida in 2003, and Queen’s University from 2003-2005.
- Joined BioVectra Inc. in 2006 as a Research Scientist.
- Promoted to Senior Scientist in 2012.
- Worked extensively on the synthesis of functionalized polyethylene glycol polymers for use in protein conjugate therapeutics.
- The author of two patents in the areas of Polyethylene glycol purification, and small molecule formulation.