Matt Frizzle - Director, Business Development, CMO Services
- M.Sc. in synthetic organic chemistry from the University of Western Ontario 2003.
- B.Sc. Co-op in chemistry from Dalhousie University 2001.
- Joined Biovectra in 2016 as a Senior Business Development Representative.
- Prior to joining BioVectra was Manager of Business Development with Alphora Research, Project Manager with Patheon, and conducted process chemistry R&D for the GMP scale-up of small molecule lead candidates with Amgen (Boston) and Apotex Pharmachem.
Molly McGlaughlin - Director, Strategy and Business Development, Biologics
- BS in Biology from the Norwich University, Military College of Vermont.
- Masters in Strategic Studies from the U.S. Army War College.
- All But Dissertation Doctorate in the School of Business and Technology at Capella University.
- 24 years of experience in the Biotechnology industry, both developing Biologic manufacturing business units, licensing, and partnering.
- Strong business strategy track record enabling her to create and implement tactical initiatives that lead to long-term strategic business growth goals.
- Technical expertise in large molecule process development and manufacturing, strategic negotiations, technology commercialization, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Held position on the management teams of organizations such as Mallinckrodt, Patheon, Avecia Biotechnology (now Fuji Diosynth), EirGenix LLC, Selexis S.A., Natrix Separations and Cytovance Biologics.
- A longtime member of the U.S. Army Reserves; holds the rank of Colonel and commands a brigade of 350 soldiers in the area of CYBER and Information operations.
Dr. Amanda Sauer - Manager, Product Services & Project Management
- B.Sc. Degree in Chemistry from University of Prince Edward Island (2001).
- Ph.D. Degree in Chemistry from University of British Columbia (2006).
- Joined BioVectra in 2006 as a research chemist and in 2007 assumed the role of Project Manager.
- Promoted to Manager, Client Services & Project Management in 2015.
Dr. Suneel Singh - Business Development Manager
- MBA, Johnson Graduate School of Management (Cornell University) and Smith School of Business (Queen’s University)
- Ph.D. in Chemistry from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi, India
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Guelph, Guelph (ON) and Queen’s University, Kingston (ON)
- Over 20 research articles in international journals and >50 short reviews in Synfacts
- More than 10 years of experience in R&D serving academic, chemical, and pharmaceutical industries. Manager at Snieckus Innovations (Kingston, ON) and Associate Editor at Mitacs Inc.
- Joined Sales and Marketing team at BioVectra in March 2017.
Alex Hendry - Account Manager
- B.Sc. Degree from the University of New Brunswick in 2008, majoring in Medicinal Chemistry with a minor in Marketing.
- Previously worked as a Territory Manager/Account Representative for a beverage distribution company in Atlantic Canada, and has experience in business to business as well as retail sales.
- Joined BioVectra in 2009 as Distribution Sales Representative and promoted to Business Development Representative in 2014.
Sarah Collins - Business Analyst
- Bachelor of Science from Dalhousie in 2006 Major in Neuroscience.
- Masters of Business Administration in 2009 with a concentration in International Business.
- Eight years of experience in project management, business development and commercialization support focusing largely within the bioscience, agriculture, value added agri-food, and energy sectors.
- Joined BioVectra as Project Manager in 2015.
David Young - Product Manager
- B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Biochemistry from Queen’s University (1986).
- Worked in R&D, process development, and manufacturing at Cangene Corporation from 1986-1998.
- Promoted to Sales Manager, Contract Manufacturing at Cangene in 1998 – 2009.
- Transitioned to National Sales Manager in Canada for Cangene’s WinRho and HepaGam B products in 2009-2012.
- Established consulting business in the pharma/biotech industry focused on drug development, contract manufacturing, healthcare investment banking and business development in 2012.
- Joined BioVectra as Product Manager for the Bioprocessing Reagents Group in 2016.
Stephanie Veenhuis - Project Manager
- Received M.Sc. Degree in Chemistry from University of Prince Edward Island in 2010.
- Worked in agriculture industry conducting field research and providing crop management services for 6 years.
- Joined BioVectra as Project Manager/Customer Service Representative in 2013 and Project Manager in 2015.
Dr. Malcolm Rollins - Project Manager
- B.Sc. Degree in Plant Science from Queen’s University Belfast, Northern Ireland (1979).
- Ph.D. Degree in Plant Biochemistry from Queen’s University Belfast, Northern Ireland (1983).
- Project Manager for Western Canadian contract manufacturing organization and for two Provincial Government contract research and development organizations.
- Business Development and Commercialization Manager for life and health sciences technologies in Canadian and United Kingdom universities.
- Production Manager for Novartis Animal Health facility on Prince Edward Island
Joined BioVectra in 2015 as Project Manager.
Evan Owen - Project Manager
- Obtained B.Sc. Honours in Chemistry from Mount Allison University in 2010.
- Received M.Sc. in Molecular and Macromolecular Sciences concentrating on Physical Chemistry from the University of Prince Edward Island in 2012.
- Joined BioVectra as a Quality Control Chemist in 2012 and promoted to Quality Control Team Lead in 2014.
- Joined the Sales and Marketing team as a Project Manager in 2016.
Jessica Fritz - Project Manager
- Holds a Bachelor (Hons) of Commerce in European Business Studies with a focus on international marketing from the University of Applied Sciences Osnabrueck, Germany (2003).
- Has 14 years of experience in pharmaceutical marketing and management as well as patient support services in Germany and Canada.
- Joined BioVectra in 2017 as Project Manager.
Dr. Gailene Tobin - Business Analyst
- Ph.D. Department of Biomedical Sciences. Cancer Immunology. University of Prince Edward Island, Atlantic Veterinary College (AVC).
- B.Sc. Immunology/ Microbiology of Zoonotic diseases. Department of Pathology and Microbiology. University of Prince Edward Island, AVC.
- Graduate Diploma in Aquaculture. Marine Institute of Memorial University. St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador.
- M.Sc. (Honours) – Animal Science. Dalhousie University. Nova Scotia.
- In addition to her scientific research background, Gailene has been directly involved in the business side of Science and Innovation, holding Director level positions in government (2000-2013) in the Life Sciences, Technology, and Strategic Planning portfolios. She also completed a Finance Certificate from the Executive Education Centre, Schulich School of Business, and York University.
- Gailene’s contributions to entrepreneurship, economic development, and innovation in the past spanned a variety of provincial, federal and international committees and memberships.
- Gailene has lectured at the University of Prince Edward Island, and her publications include three authored and co-authored book chapters specific to discovery and development of cancer-based natural products.
- Gailene joined BioVectra in 2016 as a Business Analyst for Strategic Partnerships and Portfolio Management.
Paul Besner - Customer Service Representative
- 15+ years of experience working as a leader in logistics, operations and distribution management providing quality customer service.
- 10+ years working within a pharmaceutical manufacturing quality management team and system.
- Joined BioVectra in 2003 as Warehouse Supervisor.
- In 2008 was appointed to the role of Order Desk Administrative Lead.
- In June 2015 was promoted to the current position of Customer Service Representative for BioVectra’s Bioprocessing Reagent division.