Matt Frizzle - Director, Business Development, CMO Services
- MSc in synthetic organic chemistry from the University of Western Ontario 2003
- BSc Co-op in chemistry from Dalhousie University 2001
- Joined Biovectra in 2016 as a Senior Business Development Representative
- Prior to joining BioVectra was Manager of Business Development with Alphora Research, Project Manager with Patheon, and conducted process chemistry R&D for the GMP scale-up of small molecule lead candidates with Amgen (Boston) and Apotex Pharmachem
Chantal Faucher-Francoeur - Director, Strategic Partnerships & Portfolio Management
- B. Pharm. from Laval University (2000)
- Registration to the Quebec Order of Pharmacists (2000)
- LL.B. from UQAM (2005)
- Admitted to the Quebec Bar (2006)
- More than 15 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry during which she has held various roles of increasing responsibility
- Experience in various functions: medical information & pharmacovigilance, legal affairs, sales & marketing, business development.
- Has experience in many sectors of the industry: insurance company, research organization, retail and hospital pharmacy, brand manufacturer, biotech, pharmacy benefit manager, generic manufacturer.
- Joined BioVectra in 2017 as Director, Strategic Partnerships & Portfolio Management.
Dr. Amanda Sauer - Manager, Product Services & Project Management
- B.Sc. Degree in Chemistry from University of Prince Edward Island (2001)
- Ph.D. Degree in Chemistry from University of British Columbia (2006)
- Joined BioVectra in 2006 as a research chemist and in 2007 assumed the role of Project Manager
- Promoted to Manager, Client Services & Project Management in 2015
Dr. Suneel Singh - Business Development Manager
- MBA, Johnson Graduate School of Management (Cornell University) and Smith School of Business (Queen’s University)
- PhD, Chemistry from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi, India
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Guelph , Guelph (ON) and Queen’s University, Kingston (ON)
- Over 20 research articles in international journals and >50 short reviews in Synfacts
- More than 10 years of experience in R&D serving academic, chemical, and pharmaceutical industries. Manager at Snieckus Innovations (Kingston, ON) and Associate Editor at Mitacs Inc.
- Joined Sales and Marketing team at BioVectra in March 2017.
Alex Hendry - Account Manager
- B.Sc. Degree from University of New Brunswick in 2008, majoring in Medicinal Chemistry with a minor in Marketing
- Previously worked as a Territory Manager/Account Representative for a beverage distribution company in Atlantic Canada, and has experience in business to business as well as retail sales
- Joined BioVectra in 2009 as Distribution Sales Representative and promoted to Business Development Representative in 2014
Sarah Collins - Business Analyst
- Bachelor of Science from Dalhousie in 2006 Major in Neuroscience
- Masters of Business Administration in 2009 with a concentration in International Business
- Eight years of experience in project management, business development and commercialization support focusing largely within the bioscience, agriculture, value added agri-food, and energy sectors
- Joined BioVectra as Project Manager in 2015
David Young - Product Manager
- Sc. and M.Sc. in Biochemistry from Queen’s University (1986)
- Worked in R&D, process development and manufacturing at Cangene Corporation from 1986-1998
- Promoted to Sales Manager, Contract Manufacturing at Cangene in 1998 – 2009
- Transitioned to National Sales Manager in Canada for Cangene’s WinRho and HepaGam B products in 2009-2012
- Established consulting business in the pharma/biotech industry focused on drug development, contract manufacturing, healthcare investment banking and business development in 2012
- Joined BioVectra as Product Manager for the Bioprocessing Reagents Group in 2016
Stephanie Veenhuis - Project Manager
- Received M.Sc. Degree in Chemistry from University of Prince Edward Island in 2010
- Worked in agriculture industry conducting field research and providing crop management services for 6 years
- Joined BioVectra as Project Manager/Customer Service Representative in 2013 and Project Manager in 2015
Dr. Malcolm Rollins - Project Manager
- BSc Degree in Plant Science from Queen’s University Belfast, Northern Ireland (1979)
- PhD Degree in Plant Biochemistry from Queen’s University Belfast, Northern Ireland (1983)
- Project Manager for Western Canadian contract manufacturing organization and for two Provincial Government contract research and development organizations
- Business Development and Commercialization Manager for life and health sciences technologies in Canadian and United Kingdom universities
- Production Manager for Novartis Animal Health facility on Prince Edward Island
Joined BioVectra in 2015 as Project Manager
Evan Owen - Project Manager
- Obtained BSc Honours in Chemistry from Mount Allison University in 2010
- Received MSc in Molecular and Macromolecular Sciences concentrating on Physical Chemistry from the University of Prince Edward Island in 2012
- Joined BioVectra as a Quality Control Chemist in 2012 and promoted to Quality Control Team Lead in 2014
- Joined the Sales and Marketing team as a Project Manager in 2016
Jessica Fritz - Project Manager
- Holds a Bachelor (Hons) of Commerce in European Business Studies with a focus on international marketing from the University of Applied Sciences Osnabrueck, Germany (2003).
- Has 14 years of experience in pharmaceutical marketing and management as well as patient support services in Germany and Canada.
- Joined BioVectra in 2017 as Project Manager.